In today’s society almost everyone you see has a laptop. There are so many wifi locations that it is so convenient to carry your laptop with you. You can sit at Starbucks and sip on coffee while surfing the internet. You could even surf the internet while your child is playing at McDonalds. Technology is definitely a wonderful thing in today’s society. However, I’m sure all of us could use some tips on extending the life of our laptop’s battery since we carry our precious computers everywhere we go.
1. While you are at home and not using your laptop, make sure you keep your power cord plugged into the wall and your laptop attached to it. This way the your laptop’s battery won’t get run down when your not using it. As a matter of fact, while your laptop is hibernating, it will use very little electricity.
2. Buy an extra laptop battery and make sure that it is always charged up on the charger. This way when you are on the go you can take the extra laptop battery with you and switch it out when the one inside your laptop doesn’t work anymore.
3. Let your laptop’s battery drain all the way down so that it can recharge the full amount. You want your laptop battery to get the fullest charge that it can get so that it can remain without the power supply for a longer period of time.
4. If you are away from a power outlet and are using your laptop intermittently elsewhere. Make sure that you let your laptop hibernate when you aren’t using it. This won’t let the battery drain out as fast as if you had it in wake mode.
5. If you are switching locations and it is a long distance from where you are going then you need to make sure that you shut down your laptop completely. This will let the battery last longer and you will be able to use it in several different locations without the batter being completely drained before you get there.
6. When you are at home, make sure that you don’t unplug your laptop from the power supply and then plug it back in two minutes later. This isn’t good for the laptop’s battery because it will be between needing to be charged and being used. Unplugging and plugging the laptop back in won’t give the laptop’s battery a long enough time to drain itself and then fully recharge.
7. Make sure that your power supply has the right type of voltage to keep your laptop on and to recharge your laptop’s battery. I’ve seen the wrong voltage power supply on laptops before and it gives you an error message that your “computer’s battery isn’t being charged as optimized; please change your power supply for optimum performance.”
Everyone loves computers and technology. Especially now since laptops are even more compact than ever. They are becoming more and easier to take anywhere with you. This is why we need to take care of our laptop’s batteries so that they will last longer before replacing them. I hope these tips have helped you out with extending your laptop’s battery life. Please choose the right tip to fit your needs and I hope that it will extend the life of your laptop’s battery.